08 February 2017

why do I ache so?

Let me count the ways! 

  1. Shoveling a long path downhill, to remove icy slush (heavier than snow)
  2. Carrying bundles of firewood uphill from the point the Fiat gets stuck - that location is just below where the Explorer is stuck from trying to go down the un-shoveled path!
  3. Chain-saw and hand-saw removal of several trees, the big one 8 inches in diameter! (I had help)
  4. Walking back and forth to the mailbox, once on snowshoes.. yes it's uphill both ways, in the snow!
  5. Removing snow from the cracked porch awning that I built four short months ago, and
  6. Trimming and fitting a long stick to support the cracked section!

No doubt I've missed a few points here. Yes I should hurt - I don't believe I have ever shoveled thirteen inches of snow at a time, not to mention how long a walkway I carved from the Big Garage past the house and down to the cars. Oh yes: I also shoveled around our mail-boxes, as the local plow made them almost completely inaccessible for little mail-trucks (I suspect they had to back up to reach them).

Task #3: missed the car, but not by much! The pine in back is a lost cause.


I found a few extra g-free ales in my garage refrigerator.. those won't last long!

No comments:

Post a Comment